Friday, July 15, 2011

A Day in Singapore

The weather forecast in Singapore for my entire visit is dismal and that played out today. It started raining shortly after we got out for the day which severely inhibited my picture taking. The city's skyscrapers are pretty amazing and the city is certainly built upwards in complete contrast to Spain. Hopefully I'll get a clear day before I leave so I can get some good shots.


Nonetheless, we made the most of the day and I came out with some pictures to share. Another late night, it's already 3AM, but I'm keeping this blog as "live" as can be. Enjoy the pictures.

Started off the day with some pictures from the suite before I left. The weather turned shortly after.




Next we went out on Orchard Road where all the shopping is. I had to put the camera away as it was just overload. I can't believe how much these people shop. So many options.


One of the few Bape stores outside of Japan.

In the background is a huge Gucci anchor store. Surprisingly there was only 1 Gucci store, while your other luxury brands had at LEAST 3 storefronts within 5 blocks of one another.

It rained the rest of the afternoon so we turned into vampires. But we made it out late night to 1-Altitude which is a set of restaurants at the top of the tallest building in Singapore. Due to the rain the rooftop skybar was closed so they let people into the fancy restaurant below for drinks. Swank.




There was no food at 1-Altitude so we made our way to one of the famous street food alleys. Incredible.

There were about 10 stands lined up with food, all with different dishes.

Fried carrot cake. Amazing! (No carrots or cake are involved.)

Roti Prata

Duck Fried Rice, my favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment