Monday, July 4, 2011

First travel day in the books...

We made it to Mallorca!!! After you add in the layover time, it really gets up there, almost exactly 24 hours from the time I woke up in Atlanta until I arrived at my hotel in Mallorca. So after a customary 4 hour nap, I'm up and ready to go!

Before I head out to dinner I had to post about quite the travel day that ended with this view....

As my followers probably saw I was super excited and surprised to be upgraded internationally to Madrid. I was happy with the ATL-JFK upgrade and fully expected that would be my only first class visit for the month, but Delta came through! 

Lie-flat bed pods? Yes, please. Really cool, but it was the 3 free movies that got me through.

My only beverage on the 7 hour flight. I was content.

And then the absurdity started! I always feel force fed in first class. But who's going to turned down duck breast? No this one...

Oh yea, the duck breast was just the appetizer. Surf & Turf, in the air? Bueno!


So this got me all the way to Madrid, I eventually started turning down all the food they were trying to fill me with, ugh. MAD was the second disappointing airport of the day (no one told me how much JFK sucks). MAD is just massive for no reason, there's no one there and no transport around the airport. No doubt I walked half a mile from my landing gate to the next. And I won't even go into my first impressions of Spain, that's for another blog.

Though I will say my first meal here was amazing! 


So onto Air Europa for a quick flight to the final destination, Mallorca. Thoughts?

Sardines...

And what did Chris think about this? He wouldn't say, but his face did!

But hey, it was only an hour and then we arrived at PMI, which aside from the 200% humidity, was pretty nice and quite efficient. 

Slight BOLO/creeper side note, I saw this old guy (at least 80) in the airport and I thought he was the coolest old dude I'd ever seen. Man bag, Brooks Brothers pressed, and some crazy loafers. I was impressed...


Grabbed the bags and it's off to The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca, they were even nice enough to pick us up.

They ran out of Town Cars. Oops...

John Jacob Astor was all about sophistication. This is a Silver Seraph, a Rolls Royce classic that's not even produced anymore, so the hotel collected a couple. True classic.

Pulling into the compound.

Got a little too classy in the car for me, so let's do a self-pic! Ahh, refreshing.

 And I'll end it here. Our room wasn't quite ready so we headed to the patio for welcome drinks. The hotel is amazing, but that comes later....



No comments:

Post a Comment